2001 Chevy Silverado Z71 torsion bars


I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado Z71 that I have lifted to torsion bars in the front by using the stock keys. My question is I want Bilstein shocks but not sure witch ones to get. The 5100 or the heavy duties.


Trucks with a Raised or Lifted Suspension.

1. When purchasing shocks for a lifted truck, there are basically two things you want to know to start: Does the truck have a BODY lift, or a SUSPENSION lift. If the truck has a body-lift, normaly that means it still has or uses the stock size shock from the factory. In a case like that, you can use any stock size shock we list in our Online Catalog. (unless the manufacturer of the body-lift kit recommends something else.) We recommend using a monotube shock design, because a lifted truck tends to have a higher center of gravity, and monotubes offer much better stability and handling. 2. If your truck has a lifted suspension modification, those usually require a certain size specialty shock. It will depend on the lift-kit manufacturer, and how much lift the kit provides. If you are uncertain how much lift your truck has, or what size special shock you need, you must check with the kit manufacturer. Their engineers would have designed the kit for a specific length shock. Some shocks for lifted trucks are available through our shock manufacturers, such as Bilstein 5100s, KYB Monomax, or Edelbrock IAS Shocks, and those are listed in our Online Catalog.


Enter your vehicle information to find products for your vehicle.

Select the Make
Select the Model
Select the Year

If you don't see what you need, call Shockwarehouse at 1-800-245-7469.