2003 Chevy Sub 1500



2003 Chevy Sub 1500/4 door with ZW7 option, mileage

140k. Comfort big thing - this ain't a rally car.

Would like to replace ALL corners - thinking of doing (2) KYB 565067

MonoMax in front or Edelbrock IAS 33024.

In the rear (ZW7 premium smoothride option) can I use the Monroe 40209 -

or do I need to use KYB SR2004 ?




More about "ride" is mention on our site here - /site/shock_absorber_myths.cfm

For great handling and control, especially at highway speeds, the Monomax are a good choice.

Same thing with the Edelbrocks. Mixing the two is ok, they are very similar in design, both are a high pressure monotube.

The Monroe 40209 and KYB SR2004 are both Nivomats.

You should not use a Nivomat unless your vehicle came with one from the factory.

If it DID come with Nivomats, you have to use them, you CANNOT use a shock absorber of any kind.



Enter your vehicle information to find products for your vehicle.

Select the Make
Select the Model
Select the Year

If you don't see what you need, call Shockwarehouse at 1-800-245-7469.