What are the Chevrolet V10/V1500 and R10/R1500?

Question: I have a 1988 Chevy V10 and I need new shocks. I don't see a listing anywhere for this truck. Chevy trucks are the most popular out there! How can nobody make shocks for this truck?

Answer: Chevrolet switched their normal naming in 1987 from the K series (K10, K20, K30) for four-wheel drive trucks and C Series (C10, C20, C30) for two-wheel drive trucks to the V series (V10, V20, V30) for 4WD and R series for 2WD (R10, R20, R30) This same change was made to the Suburban and Blazer and the GMC Sierra and Jimmy. GM only kept the V and R naming for five years, so any truck made between 1987 and 1991 will use these names (GM changed the naming in 1989 to the more modern 1500/ 2500/ 3500 naming scheme, so any 1989, 1990 or 1991 truck will be a V1500/ V2500/ V3500 or R1500/ R2500/ R3500.

We include the V series trucks with the K series and the R series with the C series because most customers associate 4WD with the K name and 2D with the C name.

For your 1988 V10, you can see the shocks that will fit here:





Enter your vehicle information to find products for your vehicle.

Select the Make
Select the Model
Select the Year

If you don't see what you need, call Shockwarehouse at 1-800-245-7469.